You are here
The Third Global Symposium on Health Systems Research offers many opportunities to meet and network with other participants.
The Marketplace provides
- a central meeting point
- a place where literature and resources related to health systems research and people-centred health systems can be displayed
- an opportunity and a connection point for participants from different sectors and continents to meet and network
- the possibility for local non-profit organizations and community-based programmes to showcase their work (and resources) – particularly those who are able to illustrate a people-centred approach.
The Marketplace will be situated in Exhibition Halls 1A and 1B in the Cape Town International Convention Centre, which are centrally located next to the main entrance foyer. Catering for mid-morning and -afternoon breaks as well as Symposium lunches will be located in the same area, as will the Welcome Reception for all participants on Tuesday 30 September.
Market stalls are available for organizations and institutions participating in the Symposium, at extra cost depending on the size of stall requested, in order to showcase their work. These could include:
- international agencies working in the field of health systems research and development
- networks and membership organizations involved in advocacy, health systems development and/or research
- academic institutions and research organizations, consultancies and foundations
- academic publishers
- funding organizations
- non-profit organizations working in the field of public health, development and/or research.
See, for example, a list of organizations that were present in the Marketplace at the Second Global Symposium on Health Systems Research in Beijing: here
The organization/institution requesting a market stall must nominate as its representative a registered participant in the Symposium who will undertake to be present in the Marketplace during morning and afternoon breaks and over lunchtime at a minimum.
The names and contact information of organizations and institutions exhibiting in the Marketplace will be published in the official Symposium programme and on the website.
Applications for market stalls may be made as of 10 February 2014 and will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis. Symposium organizers will not accept requests from for-profit companies that are involved in the pharmaceutical, medical supplies, medical equipment or health services industries, nor from any industry that is involved in producing or marketing goods (such as arms, tobacco or alcohol) that may harm public health.
Page updated: 18 November 2015