You are here
Terms & Conditions
No registration will be confirmed without full pre-payment of the registration. No access to the Conference will be allowed without confirmation of the above information. Please be advised that should payments incur bank charges, these charges will be for the delegates own account. Full payment for these charges is required.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Cancellations will not be refunded. Alternatively, the registration may be transferred to a new delegate at 10% substitution fee. All refunds will be processed after the Conference to the credit card details provided to The Conference Company for the initial debit.
All accommodation, travel, tours and other arrangements are subject to alteration and cancellation at any time without prior notice, due to factors that are outside of the organizers’ reasonable control. This will be at the sole and absolute discretion of the organizers. Should such events, such as Force Majeure, render the organizers unable to deliver such service, the organizers shall not be held responsible. The organizers cannot be held responsible for any damages, and/or costs, whatsoever arising from any such alteration or cancellation.
Cancellations and refunds (hotel requirement)
- 60 days prior to the start of the Symposium, a 50% cancellation fee is applicable.
- 30 days prior to the start of the Symposium, a 100% cancellation fee is applicable.
Any refund due will be processed after the Symposium, to the credit card provided to The Conference Company for the initial debit
We offer a comprehensive service from start to finish in all aspects of conferencing.
Online registrations will be processed according to the information given by delegates when they register online. Any request made on the registration form will be carried out by The Conference Company, should the hotels, transport companies be able to accommodate the requests accordingly. Delegates can contact and confirm details with The Conference Company via the contact details provided below. It is imperative to our reputation that our clients are always given the most professional service, and that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/health web site, including their identity, is respected by this Web site. The Web site owners undertake to honour or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in South Africa. On this website we collect information that you voluntarily provide, in order for us to process registrations and other transactions you request, as well as provide a better customer service.
We use your information provided to inform you of updates and send you relevant information regarding the concerned event.
We do not sell, rent, or lease our delegate lists to third parties. In order to help provide our services, we occasionally provide information to other companies that work on our behalf.
The Conference Company shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: www.info.gov.za
- The Conference Company may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of Users: name and surname; country of residence; e-mail address; ID number / passport number.
- The Conference Company collects stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes: To inform the User of facts relating to his/her conference related matters.
- The Conference Company may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions: The Conference Company shall not disclose personal information from Users unless the User consents thereto; The Conference Company shall disclose information without the User's consent only through due legal process; and The Conference Company may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual. A copy of the ECT Act may be downloaded from: www.info.gov.za
Contacting Us by Email with Questions or Comments
When you send us an email from our site, we may retain information such as the content, your email address, our response, and the text of any follow-up questions you may have. We may use this information to measure how effectively we address concerns.
Apart from the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, neither The Conference Company nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this web site or the services or content provided from and through this web site.
Furthermore, The Conference Company makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content available from this web site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to The Conference Company.
This web site is supplied on an "as is" basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet the user's individual requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the user to satisfy itself prior to entering into this agreement with The Conference Company that the service available from and through this web site will meet the user's individual requirements and be compatible with the user's hardware and/or software.
Credit Card Payments
Note that to protect its own and the interests of customers, The Conference Company scrutinizes all transactions very carefully to prevent attempted fraud and a transaction may be refused if The Conference Company is not satisfied with its legitimacy.
In addition, as you enter your credit card number, name and address on the Health Systems Global Symposium website, it is encrypted as a secret code for its virtual journey. An encrypted code is virtually illegible and indecipherable as it travels from destination to destination.
Bank deposit payments
If the 'pay via bank transfer' button is selected, instructions will be given on how to deposit monies into the correct bank account and would be subject to the following rules:
- the exact amount must be paid in the quoted currency
- the payment must be identified by supplying the name and surname, of the delegate, in the reference section of the deposit slip or on the electronic transfer.
- no transfers must be made from ATM's
- cheque deposits are subject to a clearing period.
- unpaid bank deposit orders are cancelled after five business days
Please be advised that should payments incur bank charges both Local and International, payee and beneficiary, these charges WILL be for the delegates own account. Full payment for these charges is required.
Transaction / Payment Currency
All Invoices will be quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and will be converted as such from any foreign exchange at the time of banking. The asking price is quoted in ZAR.
Page updated: 6 May 2014