Symposium organizers received scholarship applications during the abstract submission process through the abstract submission website.
Thanks to the work of the Scientific committee and the Program Working Group close to 3,000 submissions have been reviewed and a sub-set was selected either for organized, oral, multimedia, poster and eposter presentation.
Based on HSG scholarship policies, scholarships were awarded to:
- One LMIC presenter per organized session as selected by the session coordinator;
- One LMIC based author per session accepted for oral presentation;
- Select top-scoring LMIC based authors accepted for poster presentation;
- Full time students from LMIC and HIC universities if their submission was accepted for oral presentation or if their top-scoring abstract was accepted for poster presentation
As of June 1st, 2016 all scholarship recipients have been notified by the Symposium organizers. Those that have not received scholarship award letter as of June 1st, 2016 are strongly encouraged to seek alternative funding on their own to finance participation in the symposium. If additional funds become available, the organizers will contact the applicants directly.
At this time a reduction of registration fees cannot be considered.
HSG and the Symposium co-sponsors are grateful to Financial Contributors as their support was critical in awarding over 240* scholarships.
* The number is awaiting final confirmation/acceptance from scholarship recipients