A new edition of Emerging Voices for Global Health (EV4GH) has been launched in close association and partnership with the Fourth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research. EV4GH is a multi-partner blended training programme for young, promising and emerging health policy and systems researchers, decision-makers and other health system professionals with an interest to become influential global health voices and local change-makers.
* The call for applications for EV4GH 2016 program is now closed. The proposal was open from October 2015 until March, 2016. The results will be announced by the end of May 2016. For more details please visit www.ev4gh.net
Who can apply?
We are looking for young researchers, health professionals, decision or policymakers and/or –brokers, or practitioners born on or after 1 January 1976. (As in previous EV editions, though, the focus will be on young health policy & health systems researchers.)
Applicants must have at least two of the following:
- A Master’s degree in health or a health-related field – Be enrolled in a doctoral-level programme in health or a health-related field
- At least two year work or research experience in public health or development
- Experience and/or knowledge of working in LMICs
What does the EV4GH 2016 track offer to emerging global health leaders?
- Develop writing, presentation, moderation, networking, social media and other communication skills through innovative training formats to enable publication in journals, global health blogs or on social media and become more effective on the global stage
- Test the newly acquired skills in a pre-conference (with some invited senior researchers & policy makers)
- Introduce and advance young health system researchers’ content knowledge about global health governance, health policy & systems research and other related topics, including via interaction with senior people in the field
- Facilitate participation of young health researchers, decision makers and other health system professionals and change makers in the Vancouver Symposium
- Network with other young researchers, professionals, peers as well as senior researchers, policy makers and experts in health systems and Global health
- Become part of the Emerging Voices for Global Health Network with members working all over the world, and receive information on opportunities to participate in workshops, courses and conferences.
For more information on the application process, please see here.