The Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research is pleased to welcome delegates from all over the world.
The Organizers will gladly assist you during the Visa application process and provide a visa invitation letter to those delegates who have registered and paid to attend the Symposium.
A valid passport is required for citizens of all countries to enter the UK.
Nationals of some countries require a visa to enter the UK. If you are unsure whether you require a visa you can use the ‘check if you need a visa’ tool.
Processing times for visa applications
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK and should get a decision on your visa within 15 working days. To find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you are applying from visit www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times.
Applying for a UK Visit Visa
There are four types of Visit Visas for the UK. You will need to apply for a Visit (standard) Visa, which enables you to visit the UK for various activities including participation in the HSR2018 symposium.
You must apply online for a visit visa at www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa. After you have applied online, you will need to make an appointment to attend one of the visa application centers. Find your nearest center.
You will need to have your fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken at the visa application center as part of your application. You may be able to get your visa faster or use other services, depending on what country you are in.
Find what services are available from your local visa application center:
Documents you must provide to apply for your visa
When you apply you will need to provide a current passport or other valid travel identification. You need a page in your passport that is blank on both sides for your visa. Find further information in the supporting documents guide.
You can also provide other documents to support your application, for example:
- evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, for example, bank statements or pay slips
- details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans – you should not pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa
- details of your employment or studies where you are employed or are studying.
You will also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
Letter of Support for visa applications
An official Letter of Support to obtain a Visa and authorization to attend the Symposium will be issued ONLY after Registration has been completed with full payment received.
Please note the following when applying for a visa invitation letter:
- The visa support letter will provide confirmation of the purpose of your trip when applying for your standard visitor visa. It does NOT substitute an official visa permit into the UK.
- The Organizers cannot provide a visa support letter for accompanying persons.
- When registering, please ensure you tick the relevant box indicating which visa support letter you require.
- Please check your visa requirements before you register for HSR2018. For full terms and conditions on cancellations and refunds, please refer to our HSR2018 Terms and Conditions (PDF).
Travel and health insurance
It is strongly recommended that attendees take out insurance to cover loss incurred in case of cancellation, medical expenses and damage to or loss of personal effects. The organizers of the Symposium will not be responsible for any medical costs incurred by attendees or any costs arising from travel date changes resulting from medical or other reasons. The organizers of HSR2018 will not accept liability for personal injuries or for loss or damage to property belonging to Symposium attendees, either during, or as a result of, the Symposium or during any other activities.