General satellite sessions of the 7th Global Symposium for Health Systems Research (HSR2022) must address the broad theme or sub-themes of the Symposium.
- are fully organized and coordinated by the session host and allow organizations and groups to take advantage of the presence of all Symposium participants who will not be required to pre-register to attend the sessions.
- will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and submissions will not be accepted past June 2022.
- should be 2 hours, 3.5 hours, or full-day workshops.
Satellite session submissions must be submitted in English and meet the following criteria:
- Broad relevance to Symposium theme and sub-theme
- First-come, first-served until spaces are fully booked
- Organizers are able to pay satellite sessions costs within the provided timeline in the invoice. Delay in payment may result in cancellation of the booking and re-allocation to others
- The session will bring together more than one of the Symposium target audiences (e.g. policy-makers, researchers, civil society), preferably from diverse regions
- The session will enable active participation. Better gender and regional balance of contributors in the session, and respecting inclusivity and diversity values of HSG will be given preferences in the review process.
General satellite session fees
The fee charged to organizers of satellite sessions depends on the duration of the session and if it is virtual or hybrid.
Audio visual needs and room setup
Hybrid: Rooms for satellite sessions are provided at the convention centre with the standard set of equipment required to run a session (projector and screen, microphone (limited number), computer for PowerPoint and/or video presentations), as well as technicians and equipment needed to broadcast the session to the virtual participants.
Virtual: Virtual satellite sessions will run in the zoom platform and will be available to join through the HSR program. A technician will be available to assist with the session.
Lunch and coffee breaks are not included in the fee. If the satellite session is approved by organizers, lunch and coffee break catering can be provided at an additional cost.
Promotion of satellite sessions
Accepted satellite sessions will be listed on the Symposium website and App. Session organizers are encouraged to advertise their session through other websites, listservs, etc. The Symposium Secretariat will not provide the list of all Symposium participants to any session organizer as we do our best to protect participants from bulk emails, and not to favor any session over another.
**Please note only virtual satellite sessions are now available. These sessions would be in a webinar format, take place a week before the Symposium, and would be advertised to all HSR 2022 registrants.
For more information or to book a session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org