IMPORTANT INFORMATION For all travellers
You will be required to show an onward or return ticket valid within the 90 day period allowed for entry into Colombia as a visitor.
For participants who HOLD a valid Colombian visa
Prior to entry into Colombia, please print the visa letter sent by the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana as well as all documents submitted to the Colombian consulate during your visa application process.
For participants who do NOT require a visa to enter Colombia (visa exempt):
- Guide to Short Stay Entry to Colombia – WITHOUT VISA
- 5488 del 22 de julio de 2022_0 (Resolution 5488 of 2022 issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on July 22, 2022)
Please click on the above link – Guide for entry to Colombia – short stays* and ensure that your passport nationality is included in the attachment in either section 1a or 1b as Nationalities exempt from visa for short stays*.
Once you have reviewed the above link prior to entry into Colombia & verified you are eligible as a visa exempt delegate, please print out the letter sent by the organisers with “Subject: Permiso de integración y desarrollo (PID)/Asunto: Permiso de integración y desarrollo (PID).” as well as the “Resolution 5488 of 2022 issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on July 22, 2022” document above.
Upon arrival in Colombia, foreigners must present the immigration authority an invitation letter (please print and carry the PID letter mentioned above) to the event issued by the organising entity, Resolution 5488 of 2022 issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on July 22, 2022 document above and a return ticket. At its discretion, the immigration authority grants an entry permission, to inadmit, or reject the foreigner entry to Colombia, according to the grounds established in the immigration regulations. Decisions on entry into Colombia are not subject to appeal and are communicated directly to the foreigner.
TRAVEL requirements related to COVID-19 to enter Colombia
Source Link (in English and Spanish)
Travellers of any nationality entering by air
- Report your health status through the Check-Mig form, 24-hours before departure, online: https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro/public/preregistro.jsf. You will receive a confirmation email that you will need to present upon arrival in Colombia
- Present proof of vaccination (vaccination card)** showing a complete vaccination schedule at least 14 days prior to travel; or present a negative PCR test completed no more than 72 hours before boarding; or a negative antigen test completed no more than 48 hours before boarding.
- Do not travel if you have symptoms associated with COVID-19, if you were in close contact with a positive case, or if you have been diagnosed positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Surgical masks must be used by all passengers above 2 years of age throughout the journey, from entering the air terminal, during the flight and at the port of arrival. N95 masks (and their equivalents) are recommended for passengers above 60 years of age and those with pre-existing health conditions.
** Accepted COVID-19 vaccines are those approved by the WHO. Check the list of accepted vaccines here: https://www.minsalud.gov.co/sites/rid/Lists/BibliotecaDigital/RIDE/DE/COM/lista-vacunas-covid-19.pdf.
Health recommendations for travellers
Source Link (English and Spanish)
Make sure you have:
- Health insurance for medical services as well as contact and insurer assistance phone numbers at hand.
- Documentation regarding any special medical conditions in case of an emergency.
- The prescription or formula, if you are taking medicine.
- Although there are no mandatory vaccinations to enter Colombia, it is recommended to have your vaccinations up to date, including measles, rubella and yellow fever.